It’s no secret that the West Shore Community of the Greater Victoria Area located on Vancouver Island is growing at fast rates. This year, Maclean’s Magazine listed Langford as the BEST COMMUNITY TO LIVE IN B.C. Here is a list of Top 10 reasons why you should move to the West Shore Community:
- Movie Buffs, take note! Hatley Castle, located in the Royal Roads University Forest is the setting for many movies such as X-Men and Deadpool. It also serves as a beautiful backdrop for weddings. Take a visit to the free Japanese Gardens or a walk in Charlie’s Trail.
- LAKES – You are in close proximity to Langford Lake, Glen Lake, and Thetis Lake. They are popular spots to paddle board and to swim in the summer.
- Bike trails – the E&N trail and Galloping Goose trails continuous route from Sooke to Sidney to Downtown Victoria.
- Hiking Trails – Take your family camping in the forests of Goldstream Provincial Park, or an afternoon walk to Mill Hill.
- Shopping – You have access to the Westshore Shopping Mall, and many big box stores such as Costco, Walmart, Home Depot, Superstore, Marshalls and HomeSense.
- Culture – Enjoy farmers markets on Saturdays at the Veterans Memorial Park as well as Sunday live concerts featuring local talent and artists.
- Holiday Celebrations – During the holidays, Langford lights up at night with their Christmas display. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride on Bear Mountain and stay the night at the Westin Hotel.
- Golf Courses – FORE!! There are a variety of world-class golf courses such as the Royal Colwood Golf Course, Highland Golf Course, Juan de Fuca Golf Course and Nicklaus Design Golf Courses on Bear Mountain
- Enjoy the sounds of the ocean and beautiful birds at the Esquimalt Lagoon whose coastline boasts beautiful views of the Olympic Mountains.
- Family Friendly – There are family friendly activities everywhere. Enjoy the Wildplay obstacle course and splashparks. Not to mention, the fantastic schools offered by Sooke School District 62.
Contact Sophia Song to book your tour of the West Shore.